Subzi ka Salan, Vegetable Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 360 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35045 times
Salan is a spicy Hyderabadi dish usually made with long chillies. It is served with biryani and raita . Here is an interesting variant of salan made with mixed veggies like beans, carrots and green peas.
The Subzi ka Salan gets its tanginess from curds and tomato pulp, while its irresistible aroma and brilliant flavour come from a dry powder of spices like clove and pepper. Coconut milk gives a luxuriant mouth-feel and also gives the Subzi ka Salan a pleasant twist by balancing the sharpness of the spices well.
Subzi ka Salan is indeed a great accompaniment for rotis and rice .
- Combine the cornflour and 1 tbsp of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, chilli powder, turmeric powder and 1 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato pulp, curds and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, coconut milk, spice powder and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||182.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||18.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.