Subzi Kadhi 1
by Kshema Prakash
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8941 times
This kadhi has lots of vegetable ingredients. As per the taste palate it can be made spicy, tangy or a bit sweeter too. Diced vegetable pieces add to taste!
Add your private note
Subzi Kadhi 1 recipe - How to make Subzi Kadhi 1
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 serving
- In a deep thick bottomed vessel put 1tsp oil. Let the flame be on medium.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute.
- Add diced onion and saute. Let them turn a little brown taking care not to burn.
- Add all other vegetables.
- Add water and let them cook on medium flame.
- Add little salt and turmeric to it so that the vegetables cook well and acquire taste.
- Mix the curds, flour, chilly powder, salt and water(add as per requirement), beat well so that no lumps are formed.
- Pour this mixture into the parboiled vegetable soup.
- If required, add some more water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Heat oil/ghee in a pan.
- Add asafoetida, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds to it. Let them splutter.
- Add dried whole red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the boiled kadhi. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from flame.
- Serve with piping hot rice and fried rice or sago(sabudana) papads.
- 1. While besan adds thickness to the kadhi, use of rice flour as a binding agent renders texture to the kadhi. They can be used together also in equal proportions.
- 2. This kadhi tastes best when prepared in more water i.e., less thicker.
This recipe was contributed by Kshema Prakash on 05 May 2011Hi.
I am a librarian by profession. I live in Jodhpur. Though we are a Telugu family, I and my daug...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.