Subzi Ka Salan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 166 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31307 times
An aromatic vegetable preparation made with a bounty of veggies. While i have used french beans, green peas, carrots and cauliflower you can opt to use other vegetables as well. Although a lot of vegetables and spices are used in the subzi ka salan, the preparation style is such that the final effect is quite light!
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chilli paste, chilli powder and turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds. Sprinkle to a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the tomato pulp and curds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mixed vegetables and coconut milk, mix well and bring to boil. Cover and cook on a slow flame for another 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dry powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.