Subzi Dal By Khavu
This recipe has been viewed 1782 times
Subzi dal is a lentil preparation with vegetables like dudhi, tomatoes and spinach added. Enjoy the spicy and mouthwatering subzi dal with roti or rice.
- Wash and pressure cook the dals together with 2 cups of water till the dals are tender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the cuury leaves and asafoetida and saute for few seconds.
- Add the green chilli and onions and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, garlic paste and tomato and saute for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and mixed vegetables and mix well.
- Add the dals and salt and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by khavu on 29 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.