Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3952 times
Masala vadai is a novel recipe of creating savory crispy balls (vadas) from raw rice and urad dal mixed with spices. Enjoy delicious masala vadai with spicy tomato chutney or green coriander chutney as a healthy evening snack.
- Soak urad dal and tour dal separately for 2 hours.
- Grind them together to a smooth paste (vadai consistancy).
- Add salt and mix well,cover it and keep aside.
- Filling:-heat oil,fry chilli bits and onion saute` for 1 minute.
- Add spinach and fry till it cooks.
- Add garamasala ,salt ,asafoetida, fry for 2 more minutes.
- After done remove frm the heat &allow to cool.
- Method:-flat little vada dough on a plastic paper and stuff 1tsp palak mixture
- Cover with some more dough .deep fry them in oil to golden crispy brown.
- Serve hot with coconut or ginger chutny.
This recipe was contributed by devi.m on 15 Jan 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.