Stuffed Tomatoes By setseeani
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1656 times
Enjoy the Stuffed tomatoes, a vegetable recipe which is prepared from the whole tomatoes which are scooped out and then stuffed with mashed potatoes, peas, paneer and spices. An easy stuffed tomato recipe which can be enjoyed dry or with gravy as main course accompaniment.
- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a frying pan.
- Fry mustard seeds, cumin seeds and aniseed for about 30 seconds. reduce the heat to 'medium'.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add mashed potatoes and green peas. mix well.
- Remove from heat. keep aside for a minute.
- Keep 2 tbsp. of paneer on the side for garnishing and add the rest to the above mixture.
- Cut the top of the tomatoes and scoop out the pulp.
- Stuff mixture equally in all tomato shells.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. cook stuffed tomatoes on low heat till tender.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.