Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5501 times
A very filling and simple thepla recipe!
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder and potatoes along with salt, mix well and saute for 1 minute.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead a semi soft dough.
- Make 2" puris.
- Fill each with the above filling.
- Gather the sides and seal the filling in the center.
- Press it well and roll again to 5" diameter circle.
- Heat tava and roast the stuffed thepla with oil.
- Serve fresh and hot with curds or pickle.
This recipe was contributed by damyantiben on 03 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.