Stuffed Tawa Baingan
by khushi solanki
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13834 times
Stuffed tawa baingan is a spicy eggplant recipe with the brinjals or baigan slit lengthwise and then stuffed with spice powder. These stuffed baigan are stir fried covered and the relished hot with rotis.
Add your private note
Stuffed Tawa Baingan recipe - How to make Stuffed Tawa Baingan
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Wash and cut the brinjals into 1/2" thk round slices
- Combine the coriander, green garlic, fresh coconut,crushed garlic, dhania-jira pdr, red chilli pdr, salt and sugar in a bowl. mix well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick flat pan. place some stuffing on one slice of the baingan and press the other slice over it. repeat with the rest.
- Carefully place each pair of stuffed baingan on the pan, cover with a lid.
- Cook at a low flame for 5 to 7 minutes until the lower side is brown.
- Slowly invert the slices and cook once again.
- Grease an oven-proof dish and place the stuffed baingan in it.
- Sprinke grated cheese on each slice and grill in a hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by khushi solanki on 21 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.