Stuffed Spinach Leaves in Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 93 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15959 times
Spinach and tomato make a standard pair, no doubt, but you might never have thought of preparing them this way! This nutritious subzi, loaded with vitamin A, Vitamin C and folic acid, also turns out to be quite stunning in appearance and flavour, as it is prepared by stuffing spinach leaves with an aromatic vegatable mixture, and placing them in tangy tomato gravy.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder and garam masala and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the mixed vegetables, paneer and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the fresh tomato pulp, curds, besan, green chilli paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder, garam masala, sugar and ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the cloves, bayleaf, cumin seeds and fennel seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Lower the flame, add the prepared tomato-curds mixture and salt, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Dip each spinach leaf in boiling water and then place it on a flat surface.
- Put a little stuffing in the middle of each spinach leaf and roll it up tightly from one end to another.
- Place the stuffed spinach on a serving plate and pour the prepared tomato gravy over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.