Stuffed Spicy Bread Pakoda
by Foodie #596490
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 7399 times
Its a famous Street Food in the Northern parts of India
- Slice the crusts off the bread.
- If slicing, you can use the crusts to make bread crumbs.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds and when they start popping add urad dal, cumin seeds, ginger, chillies along with onions.
- Add the spices and salt and when aromatic add the mashed potatoes along with peas.
- Mix in the herbs and mix well.
- Take one slice of the bread.
- Spread this potato mixture on one side of the bread.
- You can use more for a thick stuffed bread or a little - your choice.
- Place another slice on top and press it tightly so that it holds together.
- Cut this diagonally to make two slices.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the batter/coating in a bowl.
- Add enough water to make a thick batter - which will help to coat the bread slices.
- Add tablespoon by tablespoon of water to avoid thin batter. You need medium consistency.
- Dip one stuffed slice in the batter and coat both the sides.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #596490 on 07 Jul 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.