Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25824 times
Note:you can also add pudina or methi leaves in the filling
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the chana dal and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and ginger, mix well and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the tomato puree, mix well and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chana mixture and salt, mix well and cook till the mixture becomes dry.
- Remove form the flame, cool and divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Place a portion of the stuffing at the centre and bring the edges together at the centre to seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Heat a tava and cook each roti, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat the same steps to make 3 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by padmaiyer75 on 06 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.