Stuffed Red Chiili Pickle
by sudha Chegudi
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34049 times
Stuffed Red Chilli Pickle is a traditional pickle recipe prepared by stuffing a masala mix into slit red chillies and then preserving the pickle or achaar in oil and salt under sun.
- Wash chillies, dab them dry.
- Oil hands a bit, or use kitchen plastic gloves to handle chillies.
- Slit each, removed just some seeds depending on how hot a pickle you want. keep aside.
- Mix all dry powders and salt, except asafetida.
- Stuff each chilli with this mixture.
- Heat oil in a small pan till smoky.
- Add asafetida, whole seeds, take off fire.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pack whole chillies into a wide mouthed sterile jar.
- Pour lemon juice over them.
- Pour oil over them.
- Shake jar gently, cover and keep aside.
- Shake every day, for 5-6 days, till chillies are tender.
This recipe was contributed by sudha Chegudi on 06 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.