Stuffed Potato Skins
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4686 times
Crispy potato cups stuffed with mushrooms and sweet corn. Now, doesn't that sound like heaven? Use small potatoes, and this is an ideal cocktail accompaniment.
- Boil the potatoes. Cut them into half lengthwise and scoop out the centre portion leaving fairly thick walls.
- Deep-fry the potatoes in hot oil until crisp or light pink in colour.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over them and keep aside on absorbent paper.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the green chillies and corn and sauté again for 2 minutes.
- Mix the milk, cream, cornflour and salt and add to the mixture. Cook again for a few minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the salt, cheese and tabasco sauce. Mix well and keep aside.
- Stuff the corn filling in the fried potato skins.
- Sprinkle some cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for about 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||201 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||13 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.1 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.