Stuffed Pears with Toffee Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13126 times
Innovative and exotic, the Stuffed Pears with Toffee Sauce is sure to catch the fancy of all your guests! A soul-warming dessert with the pleasing flavour of pears, the delectable crunch of coconut and the rich mouth-feel of toffee, this dessert ensues a slightly different preparation process, but is not too difficult to make.
Peeled and cored pears are stuffed with an awesome mixture of coconut, pistachios and pear pulp, and baked till the pears soften. This is then drowned in a luscious toffee sauce, and served warm, much to the pleasure of everybody who tastes it!.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan, add the coconut and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the pear pulp and pistachios, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Peel each pear and cut into half vertically.
- Remove the core of the pear and discard it to form a cavity in the centre. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pear halves and cook on a medium flame for 13 minutes, while turning them occasionally.
- Arrange the pears on a 125 mm. (5”) diameter baking dish, stuff each cavity with the prepared stuffing and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°c). Keep aside.
- Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the butter and fresh cream, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Divide the sauce into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, pour a portion of the toffee sauce on a serving plate, place 2 stuffed pears over it and top it with another portion of the toffee sauce.
- Repeat step 1 to make one more serving.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.