Stuffed Patties ( Non- Fried Snacks )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25052 times
Stuffed patties, the versatile potato makes lovely snacks. One amongst them is a popular patty that can be served in different styles with chutneys, with curds or with ragda. Here is a stuffed version using a green peas stuffing. Additionally, you can use your creativity to make different stuffing mixtures such as mixed vegetables stuffing, dry fruits mixture, masala paneer etc. Cornflour acts as a binding agent in the patties mixture and helps hold the shape and the stuffing. You can also use breadcrumbs instead of cornflour. Usually, these patties are fried in ghee but i have used very little oil to cook these.
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Divide into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2") diameter circle. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green peas, ginger-green chilli paste, lemon juice, sugar, coriander and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of each circle.
- Bring the sides together in the centre so as to seal the stuffing inside the potato circle.
- Roll the patty between the palms of your hands in such a way that there are no cracks on the surface. Press firmly on top to make flat patty
- Cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) using little oil till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more patties. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per pattie
|Vitamin A||113.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||9.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.