Stuffed Paneer Palak Potli in Coconut Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 569 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23480 times
Potli basically means pack, and that is exactly what is done in this recipe! A succulent paneer mixture is packed inside pleasant green-coloured potlis made of whole wheat flour and spinach puree. These precious packets are then cooked in a delicious coconut milk curry, which is excitingly flavoured with whole spices. Despite the exotic aura about this dish, it is surprisingly easy to prepare. A short cooking time and a simple procedure together with a lot of creativity gives you fabulous Stuffed Paneer Palak Potli in Coconut Curry! You can enjoy this dish as it is, but you could also serve with it Pulaos or Biryanis for a complete meal experience.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough without using water.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place 2 tsp of the paneer stuffing in the centre of each circle, bring the edges together and seal them to make potlis (i. e. Money bags). Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the prepared palak potlis, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 7 minutes or till the potlis are cooked well, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||1170.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||8.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||36.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.