Stuffed Pancakes with Paneer in Tomato Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 64 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14226 times
Pancakes topped with sweet treats like honey , sauces and even ice-cream are quite common, and so are pancakes stuffed with cheesy mixtures, fruits or dry fruits . But, this savoury delight will surely outdo all the pancakes creations you have ever tried so far!
Here, soft and luscious pancakes are stuffed with a peppy paneer mixture, drowned in a tangy tomato gravy, topped with cheese, and baked to perfection. The rich gravy, which features cashews, onions and ample tomatoes, has a rich flavour and texture; and mingles beautifully with the pancakes and cheese to create a uniquely-textured dish bursting with flavours. Serve the Stuffed Pancakes with Paneer in Tomato Gravy immediately on baking.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- When the pancake begins to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook on the other side till light golden brown spots appear.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the paneer, coriander, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Combine the onions, tomatoes, cashews and kashmiri dry red chillies and blend in a mixer till smooth, without using any water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the tomato mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato ketchup, milk, sugar, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- 1. Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, place a portion of the stuffing on one end of the pancake and fold over it to make a semi-circle.
- 2. Repeat step 1 to stuff 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- 3. Take a flat baking dish, pour ¼ cup of the tomato gravy and spread it evenly.
- 4. Place 4 stuffed pancakes on it, pour the remaining tomato gravy evenly over it. Finally sprinkle the cheese.
- 5. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||642.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||41.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.