Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4718 times
you would have never known that our good old onion can be made into such a delicious recipe until you tried this Stuffed onions. The onions are scooped out from the centre and stuffed with a sesame seeds and mango powder based masala. Stir the stuffed onions with little oil and serve garnished with grated paneer or cheese.
- Peel off the onion skin and wash the onions properly.
- Make a cut in the centre of each onion. be careful that you don''t cut the onion into two parts.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- First fry mustard seeds in it and then add roasted sesame powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, mango powder.fry this masala for about 3-4 minutes on sim.
- Let the masala cool and then fill this masala powder in each on the onion.
- Next take a non-stick frying pan and heat the remaining oil .then fry these stuffed onions for 4-5 on sim.you should not move from the place and keep a watch so that the stuffed onions don''t burn.
- Put some water about 1/2 cup and let it cook till all the water gets dried up.
- Serve hot. decorate with coriander leaves.
- Optional, you can also decorate with grated paneer/cheese.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.