Stuffed Mushrooms ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 178 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25973 times
I remember a time when we had to go long distances to lay our hands on mushrooms! but, nowadays they are available quite commonly, even at the local stores. The quality of mushrooms is quite essential to ay recipe using it. Making this starter using the microwave highlights the best characteristics of healthy spinach and delicious mushrooms. The colour, the crunchy feel, the inborn flavour, nothing is lost. Remember to use a combination of cheeses, as mentioned, to get the gooey mouth feel. Don’t fret if the mushrooms let out a little water while cooking. Just discard that water before serving.
- Place the spinach in a microwave safe bowl, sprinkle 1 tsp of water over it and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and green chillies, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Put the oil in another microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach mixture, salt, pepper and white sauce, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Divide the stuffing into 20 equal portions and keep aside.
- Detach and discard the stems from the mushrooms. Wash the mushroom caps.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with a portion of the stuffing and top it with a little cheese. Keep aside.
- Put the butter in a shallow microwave safe dish and microwave on high for 15 seconds.
- Arrange the stuffed mushrooms in the dish and sprinkle 1 tbsp of water on top. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- The mushrooms will leave some water on cooking, which can be discarded.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||202.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.