Stuffed Moong Balls
This recipe has been viewed 1185 times
The sesame seeds add a wonderful crunch to these deep-fried stuffed green gram balls.
- Put the moon dal in a non-stick pan, add 1/2 cup castor sugar and one cup water and bring it to a boil.
- Cook till the dal is cooked well.
- Remove from the flame, cool and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Put rice flour in a bowl, add potato, remaining castor sugar and half cup water and knead into soft dough. Cover and set aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Mix refined flour and half cup water in a small bowl till smooth.
- Spread sesame seeds on a plate. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Divide dough into eight equal portions, shape them into balls and flatten them.
- Make a dent in the center of each ball and stuff with ground paste. Bring the edges together and press lightly to seal. Shape them into balls again.
- Dip these dumplings in refined flour mixture and roll them in sesame seeds.
- Gently slide them into hot oil and deep-fry till crisp and golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Arrange the dumplings on a serving plate and serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by sbhatter05 on 10 Jul 2015I like cooking very much
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.