Stuffed Makai Palak Parathas ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 124 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32450 times
Stuffed makai palak parathas, used in combination with makai ka atta makes a delectable variation of the traditional makai ki roti. It is traditionally served with butter but can be served with pickle and curds too.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Knead again using oil till smooth and divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into 100 mm. (4") diameter circles using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a dough circle on a clean, dry surface and place one portion of the stuffing in the centre, fold the edges over the stuffing to make a square.
- Press it lightly to seal the stuffing, flatten the dough and roll out again into a square of 125 mm. (5") using a little flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and cook the paratha on both sides, using a little oil till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more parathas. Serve hot with a dollop of butter.
- In the dough, instead of spinach, you can add chopped greens like shredded cabbage, fenugreek leaves etc for a variation.
- One can add tofu and mint in the stuffing instead of paneer.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.