Stuffed Lady Fingers
This recipe has been viewed 10611 times
Enjoy this simple and spicy Stuffed lady fingers with the lady fingers or bhindis slit and then stuffed with a masala filling. The bhindis are then stir fried and served hot with roti.
- Wash the lady fingers.
- Slit them vertically but not completely.
- Mix coconut, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, red chilli powder, sugar and coriander powder to make a filling mixture.
- Lightly stuff the lady fingers with half of the mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan, add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds start crackling, add the green chillies.
- Add the stuffed lady fingers and the lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining stuffing mixture.
- Stir gently. cover and cook further for 20-25 minutes or till the lady fingers are tender.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by devindra on 17 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.