Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4933 times
Stuffed idlis is truly an unique recipe which adds taste and variation to the steamed idli recipe. The aloo mixture is coated with idli batter and is then steamed in steamer. The stuffed soft and spongy idlis are amazing when served as snack or breakfast with chutney.
- Boil potatoes and peal them
- Cut onions thin/small fry with chopped green chillies, cashews, curry leaves, turmeric powder and hing powder.
- Add tomatoes, shelled peas and fry untill done.
- Add boiled, pealed, smashed potatoes and mix well with little bit of sugar for taste and salt.
- Finally add finely chopped coriander leaves and remove from the fire.
- Grease the idli stand and put a small spoon of idli batter.
- Place one table spoon full of aloo mix in a flat spoon.
- Pour a spoon full of idli batter on top of the aloo masala and cover the stuffing.
- Allow it to steam as usual idlis.
- Serve hot with pudina- coriander chutney.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.