Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13847 times
A rajasthani preparation, stuffed gatte brings a nice twist to a traditional gatte ki subzi recipe. Curd blends well with besan gattas and spicy gravy. A nutritious main course Marwari dish.
Add your private note
Stuffed Gatte recipe - How to make Stuffed Gatte
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
1 hours 10 minutes
- Mix besan, baking soda,and saltand sievthem together.
- Addthe reminning ingredients and make a dough using a cup of water .
- Divide the doughinto 16 equal parts.
- For the filling
- Mix all the ingredients .
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal parts.
- How to fill
- Apply some ghee on your thumb.
- Shape the gatta dhough into a cup.
- Fill the mixture in the cup and close it making a ball and giving it an oblong shape.
- Thensteam the gattas for 20 mins.
- For the shorma
- Mixereen coriander ,red chilli powderand salt to it.
- For the gravy
- Heat ghee in a pan then add jeera ,dalchini & laungto it.
- Whenthe jeera starts crakling add onion paste to it.
- When the onions turn golden brown add teh tomato pure to it.
- When the the paste starts leaving sides remove it from fire.
- Then add the shorba mix to it and stir it on slow flame till it starts leaving sides.
- Now add 3cups of water to it and leave it to boile till it becomes as thick as a sauce.
- Then add black pepper,ilaichi,laungpowder to itand boil again.
- To serve
- Place the steamed gattas in aserving bowl ang then poure the gravy on top.
- Garnesh it with chopped coriander.
- Serve it with chapatis and paranthas.
This recipe was contributed by yomikaa on 10 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.