by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 67 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18937 times
This Italian flat bread has got its name from the latin word focus, which means "hearth". Italian style ingredients such as roasted peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, fragrant fresh or firm ripe tomatoes will complement this bread dough to perfection.
I have used a combination of cottage cheese (paneer) and cubes of mozzarella that melts just perfectly inside the focaccia. Focaccia is very similar to a pizza base but this recipe uses two pizza bases sandwiched with a cheese and basil mixture.
Sea salt sprinkled on top of the focaccia gives it a delicious crust. Bake this bread just before dinner and enjoy it with a bowl of hot soup .
Add your private note
Stuffed Focaccia recipe - How to make Stuffed Focaccia
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Prepare the pizza dough as mentioned in the recipe. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of 200 mm. (8") diameter and 8 mm. (1/3") thickness.
- Place one dough circle on a 200 mm. (8") greased pie dish.
- Top with the cottage cheese, cheese, basil leaves, chilli flakes and salt.
- Top with the second dough circle and seal the ends tightly, using a little water.
- Brush the top of the focaccia with a little water and sprinkle the sea salt over. Prick the focaccia with a fork at regular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°c (430°f) for 15 to 20 minutes or until the base is evenly browned.
- Brush the hot focaccia with butter.
- Serve warm, cut into wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.