Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3977 times
Stuffed dahiwadas are now made less complicated and easy to prepare with this quick and delicious dahi wada recipe. The stuffing's is filed in the wada which are then fried to a crispy perfection.
- Wash and soak dal for three to four hours. drain and grind, using very little water, to a thick, coarse and fluffy mixture.
- Add salt, asafoetida and cumin seeds and mix well with hands to make a well blended mixture.
- Wash and pat dry raisins. crush cashewnuts. remove stems, wash and finely chop green chillies. clean, wash and chop coriander leaves. keep a little aside for garnishing. peel, wash and cut ginger into julienne. mix these ingredients together to make the stuffing.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai and fry a small portion of the batter in hot oil to test if the batter holds well.
- Apply a little water on palm. take a small portion of batter and pat lightly with damp fingers to flatten it. place a little stuffing and fold over.
- Gently put into hot oil. repeat with remaining batter and stuffing. fry till wadas are golden brown. drain and soak in cold water.
- Whisk together yogurt, salt, rock salt, red chilli powder and cumin powder.
- Squeeze out wadas and arrange on a serving dish.
- Pour chilled yogurt over them and serve garnished with red chilli powder, cumin powder, date and tamarind chutney and chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by preekar on 08 Oct 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.