Stuffed Dahi Vada (chaat)
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9944 times
Stuffed Dahi vada is a popular chaat or Punjabi recipe with fried vadas( urad dal dumplings) soaked in water and then topped with delectable mix of chilled beaten curd and a couple of spicy and tangy chutneys.
- Mix all the ingredients for the stuffing, reserve little coriander for decoration.
- Soak dal in water for 5-6 hours and grind to a smooth paste using minimum water.
- Add salt and asafoetida and beat with a fork to make it light.
- Take a muslin cloth piece, the size of a handkerchief. Wet the cloth and place it on a board.
- Spread a little ground dal on the cloth in the shape of a puri.
- Put a little prepared stuffing on it and fold the puri with the cloth to give it the shape of a ghughra(half moon).
- Remove the muslin from one side and turn the bhalla in hand. Remove the cloth from the other side.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry the bhallas till brown.
- Soak the bhallas in water for 5-7 minutes when still hot. Gently squeeze out the water and keep the bhallas aside.
- Beat the curd till smooth, add little water if curd is thick.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds powder and 1 tsp chily powder and salt.
- Dip the bhallas in the curd mixture and arrange on a flat shallow dish.
- Pour the remaining curd on top and garnish with remaining cumin powder, chily powder and coriander, 4 tbsp sweet chutney and serve.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 16 Mar 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.