Stuffed Colourful Idlis
by Lakshmi Mani
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4658 times
Idlis stuffed with veggies.. Easy yet healthy
- Blend the urad dal in a mixer, adding water little by little to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Blend the rice and semolina to smooth paste and ass it to the urad dal and mix well.
- Add salt, mix well and keep aside to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in pan and add the onions and saute well.
- Add salt and chilli powder, mixed boiled veggies and potato and mix well.
- Add garam masala, mix well and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the coriander and remove from the flame.
- In a cooker add water and let it boil.
- Grease the idli moulds and keep aside.
- Pour 1/2 ladle of batter.
- Keep the stuffing inside and pour another 1/2 ladle full of batter.
- Close the steamer and steam for 8-10 minutes or till cooked.
- Pack warm.
This recipe was contributed by Lakshmi Mani on 12 Aug 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.