Stuffed Chilas By Foodie #48100
by Foodie #48100
This recipe has been viewed 2201 times
An authentic Indian pancake recipe, stuffed chila is a dosa or pancake recipe created from a mix of dals. The coarsely ground dal batter along with chopped onions, tomatoes , green chillies is spread on a nonstick pan, just like a dosa or pancake and cooked to a crispy finish. These chilas are then stuffed with paneer cubes, tangy tomatoes and crunchy green peas. Stuffed chilla is best served hot with tomato chutney.
Add your private note
Stuffed Chilas By Foodie #48100 recipe - How to make Stuffed Chilas By Foodie #48100
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Mix the gram flour, asafoetida, salt and 1 tablespoon of oil into a thin batter, using enough water.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with oil.
- Pour a ladleful of the mixture on the tava and spread it evenly to make a thin pancake.
- Cook both sides on a medium flame using a little oil to cook. take care to see that it does not brown.
- Repeat for the remaining batter to make 12 chilas. keep aside.
- Heat the butter and add the green chilli and cumin seeds.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, peas, chaat masala and salt and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Top with the chopped coriander, divide into 12 portions and keep aside.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture on a chila and fold it to make a semi circle.
- Top with green chutney and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.