Stuffed Carrot Halwa Pancake
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 135 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24171 times
If you have an insatiable sweet tooth, try desserts like this one that are healthier and also leave you satisfied. These Stuffed Carrot Halwa Pancakes are simply delightful, and are also relatively easy to make as we have presented a healthier and quicker version of gajar ka halwa that does not require you to slave for hours in the kitchen. The carrots are first steamed, sautéed in a little ghee, sweetened and swirled with milk and milk powder to achieve a rich khoya flavour with minimal effort! Loaded with essential nutrients and satiating too, these halwa packed and cinnamon laced whole wheat flour pancakes are ideal for pregnant women.
- Steam the carrots in a steamer for 5 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the steamed carrots, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk powder and milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients with approx. 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a 100 mm. (4") diameter non-stick pan and grease it using 1/8 tsp of butter.
- Pour ¼ cup of the batter on it and tilt it around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- Cook the pancake on a medium flame, using 1/8 tsp of butter, for 1 minute or till it turns light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 6 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the carrot halwa on one half of the panacke.
- Fold the pancake to make a semi-circle and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 6 more stuffed pancakes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per stuffed pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.