Stuffed Capsicum By vinodsharma
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4310 times
A stuffed capsicum recipe with a prepared spice mix or boiled nad mashed potato masala filled in the deseeded capsicum opr shimla mirch cups evenly. A spicy capsicum dish which is tasty and yet easy to prepare. Serve the stuffed capsicum dry or with gravy.
- Wash the capsicums and allow them to stand in a vessel of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Peel and dice carrots. chop onion. cook potatoes,carrots and peas. allow to cool.
- Remove potatoes and mash to a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a skillet and fry onions till brown.
- Add mashed potatoes, carrots and peas.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, mango powder, garam masala powder, pomegranate seeds.
- Add salt and mix well.
- With a very sharp knife, slice tops of capsicums, taking care to see that they are not completely cut off.
- Scoop out the seeds carefully.
- Fill each capsicum with filling and tie with string.
- Heat ghee and fry the capsicum on all sides till done.
- Snip off the threads and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.