Stuffed Capsicum By kamalacute
This recipe has been viewed 3779 times
An amazing vegetable recipe, the Stuffed capsicum has the capsicum scooped out and then filled with a spicy mixture in the capsicum hollow. The shimla mirch or capsicum stuffed with boiled potato mixture is a lovely side dish with rotis or parathas.
- Wash capsicum, cut the stem, leaving the canopy in place and cut 3/4 of the length of each capsicum into a cris cross, leaving attached at the other end.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a thick and wide pan and add the capsicum. sprinkle some salt and leave the capcicums to cook till soft.
- In the mean time blend sesame seeds to paste.
- Blend the cut onions with masala powder, turmeric powder, ginger, garlic, chili powder, salt. add water if necessary and roast the paste in oil. at last add sesame seeds paste into roasted masala and stuff it into the capsicum and bake for 5 minutes in the oven or heat on the low flame for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti or soft bread garnished with fresh coriander.
This recipe was contributed by kamalacute on 09 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.