Stuffed Cabbage Leaves In Spicy Tomato Curry
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6962 times
A novel party special Stuffed cabbage leaves in spicy tomato curry has the cabbage leaves filled with a paneer stuffing. These cabbage leaves are stir fried and then simmered in a spicy rich tomato curry and served with rice or parathas.
- Carefully remove the cabbage leaves whole without tearing it . we need about 6 leaves .
- Wash it in cold water and keep aside.
- In a large pot bring water to boil.
- Once the water starts to boil,add 2tsp salt and then put the cabbage leaves one by one in the water.
- Allow it to be in the water for about 2mins.
- Remove the leaves and shock it in a ice water bath.
- Remove and pat dry the leaves.
- ( the above procedure can be done 1 day ahead).
- Heat oil in a kadai.
- Add oil,jeera and sauf. allow it to splutter ,next add the chilli powder, corriander powder and garam masala.
- Fry for a min and add the boiled mixed vegetables in it.
- Mix well and slightly mash them with the back of the spoon.
- Remove and cool.(this stuffing can also be made 1 day ahead).
- Take one cabbage leaf and place 2tsp of stuffing mixture in the middle.
- Fold the edges and roll the cabbage like a spring roll.
- Prepare all the cabbage leaves similarly.
- Now steam the cabbage leaves for 8mins.
- Mix the curd with besan ,salt, garam masala,green chillies, garlic and ginger paste, suagar, and tomato puree in a kadai.
- Allow this to boil until the raw smell of the besan has gone and the curry slowly starts to thicken.
- Now add the fresh corrinader leaves and ketchup and mix well.
- Now the curry is fully thickened and cooked,remove in a serving bowl.
- Heat butter and allow it to melt.add jeera seeds, cloves,and bay leaf.now it splutters add the onions and fry them till transculent.
- Now pour this over the curry.
- Remove the stuffed cabbage and carefully place it on the curry.
- Serve it with plain aromatic basmati rice and papad.
This recipe was contributed by bhargaviv on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.