Stuffed Buckwheat Pancakes ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18848 times
Stuffed buckwheat pancake, we have tweaked a traditional recipe to make it a tad healthier using tofu, which is brimful with the goodness of protein, calcium, vitamin a and folic acid.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and asafoetida, mix well and sauté on a medium flame will they turn translucent.
- Add the potatoes, dry mango powder, tofu, salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another minute, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the buckwheat flour and curds together in a large bowl and mix well. Keep aside for 1 hour. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Add the ginger, green chillies, coriander and salt and mix well. Keep aside for 1 hour.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Grease a 150 mm. (6") in diameter non- stick pan, using ¼ tsp of oil and ,pour a portion of the batter in an even layer.
- Cover and cook, using ½ tsp of oil till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Place one portion of the stuffing mixture on the pancake and fold it to make a semi-circle.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 5 more stuffed pancakes. Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per pancake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.