Stuffed Bhindi with Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 228 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45274 times
Typically, when you think of stuffed bhindi, you might imagine a filling of besan and spices; but here is an innovative preparation of bhindi stuffed with a soft and luscious cottage cheese mixture. Amchur powder gives the paneer mixture a tanginess that complements the bhindi well; and traditional spices impart a delicious flavour and tempting aroma to the stuffed bhindi with paneer.
- Wash, dry and slit the ladies finger lengthwise.
- Stuff 1 tbsp of the prepared stuffing into each bhindi. Cut the stuffed ladies finger into half horizontally.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a fry pan, add the stuffed the ladies finger and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till ladies finger are soft, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp of oil on a non-stick tava (griddle), add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and 2 tbsp of water and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the tomatoes turn soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sautéed ladies fingers, remaining paneer stuffing and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stiriring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Stuffed Bhindi with Paneer Video by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.