Stuffed Bhindi with Paneer ( Healthy Subzi)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 283 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36999 times
It is common to stuff bhindi with besan and masala powders. But, you can give the popular dish a twist by stuffing it with paneer instead. By using low-fat paneer, you can ensure guilt-free dining too! What makes the Stuffed Bhindi with Paneer all the more delightful is the thoughtful combination of spices, tomatoes and onions, which makes the dish extremely aromatic and tasty.
- Stuff each piece of ladies finger with a little paneer stuffing and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the stuffed ladies fingers. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the ladies finger is cooked, while stirring occasionally. Remove the ladies finger and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of oil in the same non-stick kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring once in between.
- Add the stuffed and sautéed ladies finger, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally and gently.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 137 kcal|
|Protein|| 8.9 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 18.6 gm|
|Fat|| 3.0 gm|
|Fibre|| 4.1 gm|
|Folic acid|| 102.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.