Stuffed Bhindi By sgambhir
This recipe has been viewed 2964 times
Stuffed bhindi (stuffed lady finger) is a specialty dish with lady fingers or bhindi slit lengthwise and stuffed with coconut, salt, spices and coriander leaves. Shallow fry the stuffed lady fingers with choicest spice powders and serve spicy hot with roti.
- Clean, wash and wipe lady fingers absolutely dry. remove half a centimeter form both ends. slit from one side and keep aside.
- Mix red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Stuff the lady fingers with the above masala. keep the left over stuffing masala separately.
- Heat oil in a kadhai. add sliced onions and cook for half a minute. add stuffed lady fingers. cook covered on a slow flame. stir occassionally.
- Add rest of the dry masala when lady fingers is almost cooked.
- Cook covered on a slow flame till lady fingers is fully cooked and tender.
- Note - ensure that you do not add any water to this vegetable.
- Garnish with fried finger chips.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.