Stuffed Bajre ki Roti
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 158 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16325 times
You might have tried stuffed rotis with varied fillings ranging from potatoes to spinach or even sweet corn and green peas. But, have you ever tried Stuffed Bajre Ki Roti packed with chopped chawli flavoured with green chillies and garlic? This innovative filling not only enhances the flavour of the bajra rotis, it also imparts the necessary softness making the rotis very palatable. Since it is difficult to roll the rotis with the filling inside, here the mixture is sandwiched between two rotis, which also simplifies the preparation. Enjoy it fresh off the tava.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Combine the chawli, green chillies, garlic and coriander in a mixer and blend to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the asafoetida, ground chawli mixture and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove the pan from the flame and allow it to cool.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll 2 portions of the dough separately into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a dough circle on a flat, dry surface and spread a portion of the filling over it.
- Place the other dough circle over it and seal it tightly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 1 more paratha.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.