Stuffed Bajre ke Parathe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8711 times
Lay a mat on a grassy patch, soak in the fresh air, and feast on this nutritious paratha made from fresh local produce. The goodness of millet and whole wheat combined with a spicy, stuffed bean filling leaves you asking for more. Serve hot with pickle and thick curd.
- Mix the bajra flour, wheat flour, oil and salt and enough hot water to make a soft dough.
- Knead well. Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough thinly into circles of 200 mm. (4") diamete.
- Lightly cook the bajra rotis on a tava (griddle) on both sides. Keep aside.
- Combine the chawli, green chillies, garlic and coriander in a blender or a food processor without using any water to make a coarse paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the asafoetida and salt and the ground chawli mixture and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Cool and divide the mixture into 4 portions.
- Spread one portion of the filling on one cooked bajra roti. Then place another bajra roti on top and press the sides so that the filling gets sealed between the two rotis.
- Cook the stuffed roti on a tava (griddle) on both sides using a little ghee, till both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat for the remaining rotis and stuffing to make 3 more paraths/\.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.