Stuffed Bajra Roti ( Gluten Free Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 252 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46937 times
Stuffed bajra roti, looking for something to lower blood cholesterol levels? here’s an exotic version of the humble bajra roti, stuffed with a paneer, methi and tomato mixture that makes this a scrumptious delicacy. The fibre in bajra binds with the cholesterol and fats and ensures that it is ejected from the system. Serve with garlic chutney for that extra punch!
- Combine the bajra flour and salt together in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Knead well till smooth and divide into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 8 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into 150 mm. (6”) diameter thin circle. Keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the stuffing and spread it evenly.
- Place another roti on top and press well so that they stick well.
- Cook a non-stick tava (griddle) till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rotis.
- Apply1/2 tsp of butter on each roti and serve hot.
- Those who are not suffering from celiac disease, they can use wheat flour for rolling
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per roti
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.