Strawberry and Banana Flambé with Butterscotch Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29118 times
Make your special event a truly memorable occasion by serving this dessert which not only tastes amazing but also looks spectacular. Flambé the fruits in front of your guests for that added effect.
- Heat the sugar in a non-stick pan and allow it to caramelize to a light brown colour.
- Add ¼ cup hot water and allow it to mix with the caramel to make a syrup, over a slow flame.
- Add the butter and cream and mix well.
- Allow it to simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till it is of a syrupy consistency. Keep warm.
- Just before serving, toss the strawberries and bananas into the butterscotch sauce and bring to a boil.
- Pour onto a serving platter.
- Heat the brandy, ignite and pour over the butterscotch coated fruits.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or ice-cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.