Strawberry Surprise Tarts
This recipe has been viewed 860 times
Strawberry Surprise Tarts, a simple, no bake recipe of Chocolaty tarts filled with a fragrant fruity strawberry cream filling. A delicious combination that is sure to please all.
- Grind the cookies in a food processor, or crush them with a rolling pin, till they reach a fine dust.
- Pour in the melted butter and mix very well.
- In a pie dish, or any flat deep glassware, pour in the tart base, and pack it in with fingers, till it forms a smooth and tight base with no holes. Refrigerate till it hardens, or 2 hours.
- While the tart base sets, mix the cream cheese with the whipping cream and sugar with a whip or a blender.
- Add the vanilla essence and strawberry jam and beat well.
- Add the diced strawberries, and fold carefully, to ensure that the beaten cream does not loose its fluffiness. refrigerate till needed.
- In a deep vessel,boil the sugar, cinnamon and water to form a simple syrup.
- Add the strawberries and boil till cooked but not mushy, and the syrup turns pink. This can be tested with toothpicks. Drain the berries and reserve 1 cup of the pink syrup.
- Boil down the reserved syrup to a thicker consistency. it should go down to about half cup.
- To assemble, take out the ready tart base.
- Spoon half the strawberry cream onto the base, and level with a flat tool.
- Slice and arrange the poached strawberries over this slayer.
- Cover with another layer of the strawberry cream.
- Make peaks on the top layer by pushing up the cream with a fork or spoon. Drizzle the strawberry syrup in whimsical patterns over the top.
- Slice and serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by Pikopie on 20 Dec 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.