Strawberry Rocket Leaves and Caramelized Walnut Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6679 times
Strawberry rocket leaves and caramelized walnut salad, a perfect hearty summer salad, bittersweet rocket (arugula)leaves combined with the sweet strawberries flavourfully tossed, topped with muesli and caramelized walnuts is sure to be enjoyed.
- Heat the sugar and 2 tbsp water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the walnuts, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool. Use as required.
- Put the rocket leaves(arugula)in vesselful of icecold water for half an hour. It will make them crisp.
- Drain the water ,add the strawberries.
- Sprinkle the sugar and add the balsamic vinegar and toss lightly.
- Top with crunchy muesli and caramelized walnuts and serve immediately.
- You can store the caramelized walnuts in an air-tight container for at least 4 to 5 days.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.