Strawberry Praline Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20342 times
The Strawberry Praline Cake is a heavenly treat of orange-tinged Nice biscuits coated with whipped cream and layered with juicy fresh strawberries and a crunchy powder of mixed nuts chikki. The chikki must be crushed coarsely in order to get the nice crunch, which is typical of pralines.
The mellow taste of coconut in the Nice biscuits, the lusciousness of the cream, the tangy sweetness of strawberries and the crispness of the chikki work together beautifully to make this dessert nothing short of a masterpiece.
Refrigerate it till you are ready to serve, as it tastes best chilled.
Also try Peach Praline Gateau amd Almond Pistachios Praline Triangles .
- Dip 8 nice biscuits one by one in the orange juice and arrange them on a flat plate with 4 biscuits each one besides the other in 2 rows so as to form a rectangle.
- Put ½ cup of the whipped cream on the biscuits and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of strawberries and 1 tbsp of mixed nut chikki evenly over it.
- Dip the remaining 8 biscuits in the orange juice one by one and again place 4 biscuits each one besides the other in 2 rows over the whipped cream.
- Finally put the remaining ¾ cup of the whipped cream and spread it evenly on all the sides using a palate knife.
- Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of strawberries and 2 tbsp of mixed nut chikki evenly over it.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.