Strawberry Pie with Whipped Cream
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 611 times
If you’ re not already a fan of strawberries, you should be. Add more strawberries to your diet you . Not only are they juicy , summery and delicious ,they’ re a bona fide superfood, too
- Arrange half of strawberries on the baked pastry shell. Mash remaining strawberries and combine with sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Gradually stir cornstarch mixture into boiling strawberry mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer the mixture until thickened, for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over strawberries in the pastry shell. Chill for several hours before serving.
- In a small bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form.
- Serve each slice of pie with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
This recipe was contributed by supriya006 on 02 Jan 2016
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.