Strawberry Phirni - Sk
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3013 times
Strawberry phirni is a Kashmiri cuisine inspired phirni recipe with fresh strawberry pulp added. An awesome dessert recipe with a typical strawberry flavor, strawberry phirni is simply irrestible!
- Clean, wash and soak rice in sufficient water for half an hour.
- Drain and grind the soaked rice to a coarse paste. dilute rice paste with half a cup of water.
- Wash and hull strawberries. slice two and keep aside for garnishing.finely chop the remaining.
- Soak pistachio nuts and almonds in hot water for five minutes. drain, peel and slice finely.
- Heat milk and bring it to a boil. gradually stir in the rice paste, reduce heat and simmer for three to four minutes, stirring continuously or until the milk thickens well.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and continue to simmer till sugar dissolves and is incorporated well.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature and stir in the chopped strawberry.
- Pour this mixture into individual earthenware or ceramic bowls, garnish with sliced pistachio nuts, almonds and strawberry slices and serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.