by matangy ramya
This recipe has been viewed 2204 times
Pachadi is a traditional South Indian pickle normally eaten with rice. To make Strawberry Pachadi, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, urad dal, curry leaves, and chillies are sautéed and ground with tamarind and salt. Strawberries are cooked al dente and mixed with the ground paste. This pachadi goes well with chapatis and breads!
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the curry leaves and saute and remove and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in same pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, fenugreek seeds and urad dal and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the green and red chillies and saute for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the flame and cool.
- Add the tamarind paste and salt and mix well and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in a small pan, add the strawberries and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked strawberries to the paste and mix well.
- Serve with hot rotis or breads.
This recipe was contributed by matangy ramya on 11 Aug 2015
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.