Strawberry Hide and Seek ( Cakes and Pastries)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12517 times
Five points for finding the strawberries and ten for finding the nutties!
fifty points if you forget about the hide and seek and drown yourself in the heavenly taste of this cake!
- Slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal parts. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar syrup and vanilla essence in a bowl to make the soaking syrup and keep aside.
- Soak the bottom layer of the sponge cake with ½ the soaking syrup.
- Spread ½ cup of cream on the soaked layer of the cake.
- Put the chopped strawberries and nutties on top and sandwich with the second layer of the sponge cake.
- Soak the second layer of the cake with the remaining soaking syrup and spread the remaining cream evenly on top and at the sides.
- Transfer the cake onto a cake board and refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
- Fill a butter paper-piping bag with melted chocolate and fold the top end of the piping bag so as to seal it. Snip a bit off the tip so as to get a tiny hole for the piping to come out.
- Pour the melted chocolate along the circumference of the cake such that it flows downwards along the sides if the cake.
- Continue throughout the circumference and you will see that the chocolate flows down along the sides of the cake adding beauty to a simple cake.
- Place the strawberries and nutties on top.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.