Strawberry Hearts ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 357 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23123 times
On valentine’s day or any day, this cake is wonderful way to show your affection to your loved ones. Strawberry hearts is made of a freshly-baked heart-shaped sponge cake soaked and sandwiched with whipped cream and strawberries, and garnished with sliced strawberries. The soaking syrup has brandy, giving it a strong flavour quite different from normal sugar syrups.
- Combine the strawberries, powdered sugar and beaten whipped cream in a bowl and fold gently.
- Follow the exact recipe, except use a heart-shaped mould. However, if you do not have a heart-shaped mould, use a round tin and then when the sponge is cool, cut a heart shape by using a butter paper cut-out placed on the cake.
- Cool and slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers.
- Sprinkle the soaking syrup on both the parts of the cake evenly.
- Place the lower layer of the cake on a flat, dry surface with the soaked side facing up and spread the filling evenly over it using a palate knife.
- Place the top layer of the cake over it with the soaked side facing downwards.
- Pipe out swirls of beaten whipped cream along the circumference of the cake.
- Fill the centre of the cake evenly with the strawberry slices.
- Refrigerate till the cake is firm.
- Just before serving, cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.