by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7559 times
To make this gelato, carefully select the sweeter strawberries and smaller variety as they are usually much sweeter than the larger ones. If the strawberries are sour, you may need to increase the quantity of sugar required.
- Mix the cornflour in 1 to 2 tbsp of cold milk and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining milk in a deep pan and when it comes to boil, add the cornflour paste and 2 tbsp icing sugar, mix well and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously and till the milk becomes thick.
- Remove from the flame, cool and strain the mixture using a sieve. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the cream and the remaining sugar and whisk well.
- Add the milk mixture and strawberry puree and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium tin, cover and place in the freezer for 3 to 4 hours or till set.
- Remove and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the tin and again freeze for 30 minutes.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and serve immediately garnished with strawberry slices.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.